These healthy 3 ingredient strawberry banana popsicles are the perfect cool treat for a hot summer day. Sweet, fruity, creamy, and easy. They’re simple and delicious – just like any summer recipe should be!
These healthy strawberry banana popsicles are summer on a stick. They’re a snap to make and just what the doctor ordered as the temperatures rise. You only need 3 healthful ingredients – strawberries, a frozen banana, and juice. Turn off that oven, crank up the AC, and let’s get popping.
Tell Me About these Strawberry Banana Popsicles
- Texture: Smooth and creamy.
- Flavor: The popsicles are made with strawberries, a banana, and pineapple juice. You can really use any juice here such as apple, orange, or even cranberry. All you taste is sweet refreshing fruit!
- Ease: Blend, pour, and freeze. That’s all we’re doing!
- Time: The popsicles take just 10 minutes to prep, but require 8 hours to freeze. If you’re looking for a frozen treat recipe with a shorter freeze time, try these cookie ice cream sandwiches.
Choosing the Right Ingredients
- Frozen banana. I like to use a frozen banana because when you blend it up, it creates an ice cream-like base. (More than a regular, unfrozen banana would.) Simply peel a ripe banana, slice into chunks, and freeze.
- Juice. My favorite juice for these pops is pineapple juice because it pairs wonderfully with the sweet strawberries and creamy banana.
- Sweeten it up. Taste the mixture before freezing. If you prefer the popsicles to be sweeter, you can add a bit of honey. I usually don’t– if your strawberries and banana are ripe, the pops will be sweet.
What Popsicle Mold Do I Use?
Here’s the popsicle mold that I own. It’s durable, inexpensive, and dishwasher safe. If you don’t want to buy it online, I’ve seen these popsicle molds (and similar brands) at Target, Walmart, major grocery stores, and Bed Bath & Beyond. Any popsicle mold like that will work for this recipe.
Overview: How to Make Strawberry Banana Popsicles
The full printable recipe is below, but let’s walk through it so you understand each step before you get started.
- Blend. Blend all of the ingredients together on high speed until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Pour into molds and freeze. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for 8 hours.
- Remove popsicles. Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove.
More Favorite Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie
- Berry Streusel Bars
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Healthy strawberry banana popsicles made with only 3 ingredients. Beat the heat with a skinny treat this summer!
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled, cut into chunks, & frozen
- 12 large strawberries, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (or orange juice)
- Blend all of the ingredients together on high speed until smooth – about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed as you go.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing – if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle (that is what I did). Continue to freeze for an additional 6 hours or overnight – overnight is recommended for easy removal.
- Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove. Eat on a hot day. Enjoy!
- Sweetener: Taste the mixture before freezing. If you prefer the popsicles to be sweeter, you can add a bit of honey. If your strawberries and banana are ripe, you shouldn’t need additional sweetener.
- Here is the popsicle mold I use!
Keywords: strawberry banana popsicles